This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Greetings from the West Coast

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
Lysergicka
Seeker

Greetings from the West Coast

Post by Lysergicka »

Greetings everyone,

(Cross-Posted since not everyone reads ongoing threads)

Pleased to be here. My fascination with tarot began in high school from an album cover, a hardcore punk band called, Corrosion of Conformity featured several cards fanned out in someone's hand. I never explored the interest, however, until I laid eyes on my first true love at a bookshop (see below!).

I stepped into the Haunted Bookshop in Arizona, circa 1991. a large and lovely shop that managed a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere, I simply began to wander and enjoy. Striding past the counter, I noticed a Thoth Tarot deck displayed in a case. On the cover was the Magus, levitating with tools of creation floating around him in suspended levitation. It was as if nothing else in the room existed. I purchased without hesitation. Discovering the Tarot was akin to finding an old friend that did not need words, a hug or handshake.

It ended up being a large, "greenie" that I still have to this day. I use it once a year, on my birthday.

My website is currently down, but I am pleased to realize while typing this that I have been now reading for 28 years (with some hiatus in-between) and professionally serving clients for over a decade.
The Thoth is my go-to deck for both myself and clients in my practice. While I almost always use the Thoth with Querent sessions, I have branched out personally. Current decks in my rotation include the Wildwood, the darkness of Light, the Tarot of Shadows (Russian) and the Wisdom of the Oracle.

I enjoy all facets of reading; my interests are myriad. But I am adept at remote assessment, which has proven useful and enjoyable.
The area most in need of enrichment is my knowledge of Astrology. It just does not, "stick" with me.

My newest journey is Lenormand -- I just acquired the beautiful Gilded Reverie pack. I'm uncertain if I shall pursue, but it is a fun fling thus far.

Thanks to all who keep this forum vibrant; I like what I see here.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Greetings from the West Coast

Post by Joan Marie »

Lysergicka wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 12:31 Thanks to all who keep this forum vibrant; I like what I see here.
Greetings from a former West-Coaster (Santa Cruz) now residing in europe for....a long time now.

Nice username Lysergicka. A Toast to you!

click the toast....seriously...
click the toast....seriously...

Welcome and Enjoy!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I believe in Crystal Light.
Lysergicka
Seeker

Post by Lysergicka »

Joan Marie wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 12:43
Lysergicka wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 12:31 Thanks to all who keep this forum vibrant; I like what I see here.
Greetings from a former West-Coaster (Santa Cruz) now residing in europe for....a long time now.

Nice username Lysergicka. A Toast to you!

cosmic toast.gif

Welcome and Enjoy!
LOL, thank you Joan Marie and @Charlie Brown for the warm welcome.

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”