This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Newbie here!

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
Nanou
Seeker

Newbie here!

Post by Nanou »

Hello,

And a very happy new year!
Hope you’re all doing well.

I’m from France so I apologize in advance if my English isn’t quite OK...
I am also new at Tarot so I guess you’ll see my around a lot asking questions about everything...
I mostly do love readings for myself and some acquaintances but I lack the confidence and knowledge to be good at it.
I hope to find some help in here and to exchange about Tarot since I don’t have friends that are interested about and to share it with.
JudyK
Sybil

Re: Newbie here!

Post by JudyK »

Bienvenue, Nanou!
Like you, I have no one around who shares my passion, so I need groups like this. 🙂
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Lilyah
Seeker

Post by Lilyah »

Bienvenue et bonne année :)

Yeah, it’s great to have places like this with likeminded people :)
Nanou
Seeker

Post by Nanou »

Thank you for welcoming me! 😊

I look forward to talk more about everything Tarot-related 😀 I’m also beginning to take an interest in Lenormand but I haven’t buy a deck yet...

For now, I’m quite interested in symbolism in the cards, which is a huge and harsh part to tackle with.
I’m also still learning about the meaning of the cards when put together. I struggle a lot with it...
It’s a long journey... 😅
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Hi Nanou, and welcome. You're too modest though - your English is very good :D
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Dear Nanou, your English is great! My own native language is German, and there are others here who have other native languages. I find it adds to the flavour of the place :-) I'm very curious btw which kind of tarot decks you find in French shops, which are most popular?

Enjoy your tarot journey! and a Happy New Year.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Welcome Nanou!

I really look forward to talking tarot with you. As everyone said, language doesn't have to be a barrier. Please ask all the questions and share your thoughts and ideas.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
Nanou
Seeker

Post by Nanou »

All of you, thanks again for welcoming me 😊
Nemia wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 10:25 Dear Nanou, your English is great! My own native language is German, and there are others here who have other native languages. I find it adds to the flavour of the place :-) I'm very curious btw which kind of tarot decks you find in French shops, which are most popular?

Enjoy your tarot journey! and a Happy New Year.
I don’t know anything about German except Ich liebe dich, guten tag, auf wiedersehen, danke (not sure about this one), kinder (because of the chocolate...) and kopf or koff (I remember hearing it in a song in kindergarten when they learn the body parts...), I try to learn it but it was too difficult for me 😅

As for the most popular Tarot decks in France, I wouldn’t know sorry. There are a lot of different decks in English that are used:
- the Everyday Witch Tarot & Oracle,
- the Light Seer’s Tarot,
- Lenormand is also quite famous,
- the Tarot de Marseille, even though I have to say, the Rider Waite Smith is more used by beginners,
- some French decks such as the Amethyst Love Oracle (its name is in English but the deck is in French) l’Oracle des Miroirs (The Oracle of Mirrors), the 77 (an interesting yet expensive deck)...

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”