This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Greetings

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
Diana
Sage

Greetings

Post by Diana »

Edited : Since this post was made, I've changed my user name to Diana

Warm greetings.

You can call me Marigold. I fell in love with the Tarot of Marseilles many many many years ago. It is still my greatest Tarot love, although the Osho Zen, the Oswald Wirth as well as the Lasenic are high up on my list. The latter fills me with wonder and I use it more for contemplation than for readings.

I don't read and study as much as I used to. But every now and again, I get drawn back to the cards and their hidden meanings and symbolism and journey through them.

I look forward to meeting everyone here in good time.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Diana
Sage

Re: Greetings

Post by Diana »

And I just want to add that I'll start posting once I've had time to really explore this forum and get the feel of it. There's a lot going on here and much what I have seen seems most interesting. The Shadow Work forum will be my first visit and it'll take me some time to get through it. I don't want to ask questions that may already have been answered or repeat things that may have already been said. Idem for the other forums, although of course some I may not find the need to peruse right now.

This way I can also get to know the members a little so I can have a first "picture" in my mind of you all.

Reminds me a bit of the Le Bateleur (Magician) staring out on his journey into new lands, but he has to have had some understanding of the book that the Papesse is holding before entering !
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
HOLMES
Sybil

Post by HOLMES »

WELCOME .
hope you like it here. :)

I acutally used to like the osho zen tarot when I first got it,, I hardly use it these days.. the beauty was awesome..(I got it before I started ordering decks online )
just that i am attracted more to decks that are waite inspired like the classic lleywyn, and pictorial key to the tarot,

shadowwork is very indepth and hard,, i used the Christine jette shadowwork book..
one must remember to put it away after you are done.. so you can focus on the light :)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 13 May 2019, 18:26 And I just want to add that I'll start posting once I've had time to really explore this forum and get the feel of it. There's a lot going on here and much what I have seen seems most interesting.
Welcome! So glad you've joined us. Feel free to jump in wherever and whenever you're ready.

If you have any questions at all just PM me. ☆
Joan Marie
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

Wirth? Lasenic? I like this new person! Hello and welcome!
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Hello ! I changed my user name. I'm no longer "marigold" but Diana which is more normal for me. So I assume I've been having a little walk with our old friend number 13 :

Death old.jpg

(hmm... I'm seeing numbers everywhere - from Plato's Cave to the New Members section. 13.. does it really matter that it's a 13? Are we not just making up stuff here? If it were a number 2... we'd find some deep meaning to give to it which would probably fit very nicely with a number 2.)

But this is neither here nor there. Just wanted to formally reintroduce myself.
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

Aha. I was confused for a moment there... went back to revisit a previous conversation and 'hang on... I'd have sworn that was Marigold...'. Does this change mean you're feeling at home here? I'm always a little uncertain as it feels like a kind of public space, but it's probably much more anonymous than so many of the Facebook groups I've used.

It's interesting, how we find names for ourselves, sometimes get so attached to them, sometimes leave them behind.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

archimedes wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 00:08 Aha. I was confused for a moment there... went back to revisit a previous conversation and 'hang on... I'd have sworn that was Marigold...'. Does this change mean you're feeling at home here? I'm always a little uncertain as it feels like a kind of public space, but it's probably much more anonymous than so many of the Facebook groups I've used.

It's interesting, how we find names for ourselves, sometimes get so attached to them, sometimes leave them behind.
Yes, I do feel at home here. Even if sometimes it's a bit too quiet, I prefer it to a busy busy place where everyone is scurrying around, even if the place they are scurrying around in is a nice one. I need something a bit more "studious" and less noisy. I do miss the banter though that we had over at Aeclectic and how the banter glued us together. But this forum isn't really designed for banter, and I appreciate that and wouldn't ask for it to be changed. Joan Marie had a wonderful vision when she started this forum and I'm with her all the way.

I was never attached to the name Marigold. I plucked it out of the air when I joined and I've never liked it. No way for me to identify myself with a marigold (I don't even like those flowers !!!).
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 09:13 But this forum isn't really designed for banter, and I appreciate that and wouldn't ask for it to be changed.

Banter is encouraged, there just isn't (and never will be) places devoted to random chat topics.

But please never feel that banter isn't welcome here. It's a natural part of any conversation about anything.

I think of this place as a kind of cocktail party, or artist's salon.

34060563111_4732ff3a96_b.jpg
BreakfastAtTiffanysParty.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 09:39
I think of this place as a kind of cocktail party, or artist's salon.
That's also how I see it. I once called it also an elegant salon as you say. That's what I like here. It's definitely my Tarot online home. It's nice to have a tarot home. :)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Just want to thank Joan Marie for having offered to change my user name. I used to cringe each time I saw Marigold (and I do tend to post quite a lot so I saw it often.) It's good to be me again.
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

I had never heard of the Lasenic deck, fascinating.

I’m a fan of Osho Zen as well. My original copy saw me through one of the tougher times in my adult life, and I’m using my current copy for shadow work. I haven’t branched out into historic decks yet, I’m planning on starting with the Minchiate.

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”