This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

why does the outcome change when you do several readings

Whether you are a beginner or an old hand at Tarot, you never stop learning. This is where Seekers & Sages alike come together to ask questions and share experience.
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: For beginners and experienced readers alike.

One of the beautiful things about the tarot is that you never stop learning and discovering new and fascinating things.

This is the place to come to share tips and ideas for learning the craft of tarot. Approaching it from many angles and points of view broadens everyone's appreciation and understanding and aids in developing your technique.

Please remember: ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME! ALL RESPONSES APPRECIATED.
CherryPie
Seer

why does the outcome change when you do several readings

Post by CherryPie »

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I have been seeing a tarot reader for almost a year and I've noticed that the 3 times I've been seeing her the cards change regarding my life and relationships. Now I wonder if it's her interpretation or if it's something else ?

kind regards
Diana
Sage

Re: why does the outcome change when you do several readings

Post by Diana »

Hi CherryPie.

I can think of three reasons for this :

1) there are new developments in your life - perhaps not apparent but under the surface - that change the reading.
2) the Tarot is providing new insights, perhaps apparent at the time but which the Tarot reader didn't go into, because the spread didn't cover them or they were not necessary to cover as there were more important aspects to cover.
3) the Tarot reader is not a good reader.

But nothing is static in life. Things may seem the same from day to day but they're not. There are always subtle evolutions and transformations taking place. I would go most likely for my number 1) - new developments.

If you could give more detail, perhaps we could delve deeper into this. I'd be interested to know which cards came up on the different occasions and in what context. Did you think to note them down ? (One doesn't always, but it can be useful.)
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Belenus
Seer

Post by Belenus »

CherryPie wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 10:28 Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I have been seeing a tarot reader for almost a year and I've noticed that the 3 times I've been seeing her the cards change regarding my life and relationships. Now I wonder if it's her interpretation or if it's something else ?

kind regards
Hi Cherry,

What was the time span between each of your 3 readings? As Diana wisely pointed out - things change. It can be attitudes, beliefs, new developments, etc.

One other thing I find happens among some of my clients (I am not saying this is your situation) is that the client is so anxious to change the outcome to one more suited to her, that she comes back repeatedly asking the same question, over and over again - sometimes in relatively short time spans. As a general rule (I am not strict about this) I will not read on the same question for the same client, unless 3, or more preferably, months have passed. This prevents the "forcing the outcome" anxiety onto the reading, and allows sufficient time for developments to occur - if they are going to occur. One of the most unhelpful outcomes for any client, is to keep asking the same question over and over again.

respectfully,
Belenus
"vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit"
CherryPie
Seer

Post by CherryPie »

Thank you both for your replies.

I think I went to see her every 3 months, and to be honest I didnt really go to ask questions specifically , that only happened once. For example, she said I would receive a large amount of money, she said this 3 times and the last time I went she said money would come and go but I would also be penny pinching. Nothing has really changed for me financially. Maybe one or two things out of her readings were accurate one of them was about me and my ex. But it was funny how at the beginning of the reading she told me he was serious and that he wants a relationship and later on in the reading she told me we would be separated but still be friends. I have decided to stop going for a while not because of her but because I feel like for now I dont have any questions that need answers.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Oh CherryPie, she doesn't sound like a very good reader at all. The things you speak of are not just slight modifications in the matrix. In fact, it sounds pretty rubbish to me. She got lucky with the issue of your ex. Sort of heads or tails.

I would suggest you do your own readings. And then if you need further help or guidance regarding your interpretation, well there's always this forum that you can come to.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
CherryPie
Seer

Post by CherryPie »

Hi Diana,

I agree, some things were accurate but I have doubts about a lot of other things she said. She talked about someone might want to put a hex on my mom and then a few minutes later she said I didnt mean that I just meant you have to cleanse your spirit with a spiritual bath, it was very confusing to me at times. So I might not want to go back. I want to read for myself but sometimes I get too emotional and I cant seem to read the cards clearly
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

CherryPie wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 14:52 I want to read for myself but sometimes I get too emotional and I cant seem to read the cards clearly
Hi CherryPie,
I just commented on your other post about a reading that was confusing for you.

To kind of repeat what I said over there, a really important step is to get good at asking a clear solid question. That's really the first step to getting a foothold on any reading. When you are looking at the cards and you start to feel confused or emotional, go back to the question and the cards will start looking clearer.

A good practice is to write the question down before you draw the cards, that way you can look at it and it doesn't change or vary.

Along with reading for yourself, you may want to try a reading exchange here. People often offer them in exchange for just some feedback. And most people here I have noticed will help you hone your question some if it isn't clear enough. That might be a good alternative for you.

And just so you know, we all feel a little lost sometimes when we look at the cards. With experience though you start to understand why that happens and what to do about it.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

CherryPie wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 14:52 Hi Diana,

I agree, some things were accurate but I have doubts about a lot of other things she said. She talked about someone might want to put a hex on my mom and then a few minutes later she said I didnt mean that I just meant you have to cleanse your spirit with a spiritual bath, it was very confusing to me at times. So I might not want to go back. I want to read for myself but sometimes I get too emotional and I cant seem to read the cards clearly
CherryPie, I do hope you WON'T go back. This is all such nonsense. Absolute waste of time and money.

Reading for oneself is usually the hardest. That's where tarot forums such as this one come in very useful. And slowly slowly we learn to read for ourselves. But some people never do. I find it hard to read for myself and I've been playing with the tarot for a long time. I somehow find it hard sometimes to be objective enough. I just ordered a reading from someone today, because I know my perception will be all clouded if I do it myself.

So don't worry about that ! Just come and ask us to help and that way you'll gain in confidence. One can only gain. One can't stand still nor go back. The Tarot always pushes us onwards if we're sincere.
CherryPie
Seer

Post by CherryPie »

No I probably won't be going back :D

I just posted a whole reply in my other post about this subject :D
SaturnCeleste
Seer

Post by SaturnCeleste »

CherryPie wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 14:52 Hi Diana,

As a tarot reader, i would steer clear from this person! There are many readers that start out with this business of a hex placed on them (or in your case your mom) and then wanting you to come back to get rid of the hex and that would cost more money with each return. This is a huge red flag!!! I hate to say this but not all tarot readers are ethical. And anyone that goes to these extremes like bring hexes into the reading need to be vetted carefully. I agree with Diana to not return to this person. There are so many good readers out there that can help you and many of them don't even charge. We can help you with card meanings right here! :D
CherryPie
Seer

Post by CherryPie »

Hi,

Yes I decided not to go back. She hasn't offered to do any work although I know a person that does trick people like that so they can give her money to do spiritual work and I see that as a scam so I won't fall for that. But the fact that she says one thing one minute and something else the next bothers me a little bit. Some things were pretty accurate and others were not.
Libra
Sage

Post by Libra »

Saying things that contradict without explanation says to me that's she's likely just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks, and hoping that what does elicits a strong enough emotional trigger that her querents gloss over what didn't resonate.

Cards will contradict each other sometimes, because humans are complex and can hold contradictions within themselves. But there's a difference between like ... let's say your ability to love some deeply and be SO ANGRY at them at the same time, which could show up as contrasting cards, and just changing what you say about the situation because the querent didn't give an optimal reaction.
Intuitive tarot to inspire & empower @ www.ResonatingReadings.com

Return to “Learning Your Craft”