This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Auto Save Drafts: NEW Feature

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Auto Save Drafts: NEW Feature

Post by Joan Marie »

This is one that should be welcome by everyone who makes very long posts from time to time.

This is an auto save feature that saves your writing at regular intervals (currently set at 1 minute). You will see a little message pop up saying "Auto Draft Saved" .

This insures your work won't be lost if something should happen while you're posting, like losing internet connection or whatever. Personally, my most frequent error that causes me to lose posts is I preview a post then forget to actually submit it.

Any auto-saved draft will self-delete when you finally post it. Also all drafts will self delete after 30 days.

You should notice some new buttons below the text box here to help you manage your drafts.

I hope this is something you all find helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Auto Save Drafts: NEW Feature

Post by Joan Marie »

FYI- you must be in the "Full Editor & Preview" mode for the auto save to work.

Which makes me wonder if I should get rid of the "Quick reply" feature just to avoid confusion.

UPDATE: I have disabled "quick reply." So now you just click "post reply" as normal and have all the posting features available automatically.

RIP Quick Reply. ⚰️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
jaq
Sage

Re: Auto Save Drafts: NEW Feature

Post by jaq »

Joan Marie wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 16:36
UPDATE: I have disabled "quick reply." So now you just click "post reply" as normal and have all the posting features available automatically.
Great idea. The quick reply one was sorta pointless, IMHO. And I wonder whether this is a real selling feature - I don't know many forums that have this option.

Return to “News & Updates”