This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

New Tarot de Marseille

Discussion of the symbolism, history and how to read with the Marseilles
Tag Jorrit
Seer

New Tarot de Marseille

Post by Tag Jorrit »

OMG, have you seen this. Only 5 days to go and Anastasia Kashian-Smith has a created a Dinosaur Marseille Tarot and with her 'stretch goals' is creating a minchiate! I backed her deck on the 1st day but it only just occurred to me that someone here may be interested, too.

This thing will be so much FUN and surely destined to be a classic. <3

Cards are cards, just pieces of cardboard. What is important is the intent we give them.
Serge Pirotte
Want some antique repro cards? Visit https://thecartomancer.bigcartel.com/
Diana
Sage

Re: New Tarot de Marseille

Post by Diana »

Oh.

My deep love and reverence for the Tarot of Marseilles leaves me speechless.

But my sense of humour saves me a bit. But only a bit. I will now go and do a cleansing ritual !!! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

This is the best kind of crazy.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

My son would love this and take it from me! I don't know if I could use this, it is so wyrd! When you do get it, please share with us your thoughts.
:mrgreen:
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Tag Jorrit
Seer

Post by Tag Jorrit »

Marigold wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 14:11 Oh.

My deep love and reverence for the Tarot of Marseilles leaves me speechless.

But my sense of humour saves me a bit. But only a bit. I will now go and do a cleansing ritual !!! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
I so understand. I have absolutely no use for cat, dog or fairy decks or the garishly realistic ones. Don't even have a place in my heart for the reworked versions of the antique ones since I love the antique ones best. But Anastasia's execution of her fantasy, fanciful dinos is captivating. (tee, hee) And I will make every effort to actually read with it.
Cards are cards, just pieces of cardboard. What is important is the intent we give them.
Serge Pirotte
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Tag Jorrit wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 15:32
I have absolutely no use for cat, dog or fairy decks
I've been told the Marseille Cat Tarot actually reads very well.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

A bit of lightheartedness is never a bad thing ! (Just got back from my cleansing ritual. Feeling MUCH better !! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
inomminate
Sybil

Post by inomminate »

I like Tarot of Marseilles too much to like this but li8ve and let live.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Charlie Brown wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 16:27
Tag Jorrit wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 15:32
I have absolutely no use for cat, dog or fairy decks
I've been told the Marseille Cat Tarot actually reads very well.
I actually kind of want this deck...
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

Les Velocirapt/L'Amoreaux did it for me. I want this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Animal decks can be very good if the humor is there. Baba's Fantastic Menagerie makes the case for that. And this dinosaur deck already has me laughing. I think it's the human caricature angle. It's a wicked, wicked deck, and I like that. :D
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

If you haven't yet, you really should watch the video on the Kickstarter.

Seeing dinosaurs set to french accordion music is really almost too much. :)
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I've seen dragon-themed Tarot, but this is one magnificent beast of a deck.
Start strong
End stronger
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I showed my son, an avid dinosaur aficionado (more obsessed), and he was naming the dinos left and right. He really liked the deck. After watching the video I have to admit that it is a very fun and appealing deck. The attention to detail is evident.
Tag Jorrit
Seer

Post by Tag Jorrit »

qndynes wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 14:31 I showed my son, an avid dinosaur aficionado (more obsessed), and he was naming the dinos left and right. He really liked the deck. After watching the video I have to admit that it is a very fun and appealing deck. The attention to detail is evident.
Clearly, if you decide to support this deck you will have to get 2 -- 1 for him and 1 for yourself. ;)
Serge Pirotte
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Tag Jorrit wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 17:55
qndynes wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 14:31 I showed my son, an avid dinosaur aficionado (more obsessed), and he was naming the dinos left and right. He really liked the deck. After watching the video I have to admit that it is a very fun and appealing deck. The attention to detail is evident.
Clearly, if you decide to support this deck you will have to get 2 -- 1 for him and 1 for yourself. ;)
Indeed! He already wants to play with my other decks. I had to get him a pack of spanish briscas so that he would satisfy his curiosity with the cards.
anastasiakashian
Seeker

Post by anastasiakashian »

Thanking everyone for their input on "Dinosaures de Marseille"! So pleased that so many of you like it. And for those who find it shocking - I understand. I do! However - as the Inimitable Mulla Nasruddin knew, sometimes an irreverent attitude to what many hold sacred is the best way to new insights... and this was always intended to be a teaching deck, as well as a fun one! I hope that you will be able to understand my creation as being in the tradition of the monks who put pigs and rabbits dressed as Bishops, and saintly Knights battling monstrous snails, in the margins of the illuminated Gospels. I am no trivial mocker - I love the ancient Tarots just as you do, and work for their traditions to stay alive. Anyway - Kickstarter ends on Sunday, and I intend to make one last Stretch Goal for extra cards in addition to the sets of Planets and Virtues which extend and restore concepts from the earliest decks. Go take a look :-) Anastasia
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Raptors Let's Gooooooo!!
Start strong
End stronger
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

anastasiakashian wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 13:42 I hope that you will be able to understand my creation as being in the tradition of the monks who put pigs and rabbits dressed as Bishops, and saintly Knights battling monstrous snails, in the margins of the illuminated Gospels. I am no trivial mocker - I love the ancient Tarots just as you do, and work for their traditions to stay alive. Anastasia
Anastasia: You're right about humour being an important part of our lives ! The Tarot of Marseilles also makes me laugh sometimes. The lion on XI who looks more often than not more like an Afghan hound than a Lion. And I can't take that Devil seriously - he reminds me of the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain.

(But you're still a blasphemer !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Tag Jorrit
Seer

Post by Tag Jorrit »

Anastasia: You're right about humour being an important part of our lives ! The Tarot of Marseilles also makes me laugh sometimes. The lion on XI who looks more often than not more like an Afghan hound than a Lion. And I can't take that Devil seriously - he reminds me of the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain.
(But you're still a blasphemer !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Blasphemers do not lack imagination. :D
Serge Pirotte
Carlos Escobel
Seeker

Post by Carlos Escobel »

Hahahaha. LOVE IT. I'll have to get that one day.
Author of Tarot: Temple of Paper, House of Cards
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

Is this deck available at all now that the Kickstarter is over? I’m always late to the party.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille”