This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Just received my restored Mantegna Tarocchi

Discussions on the history, symbolism and how to read with the The Sola-Busca, Etteilla, Minchiate, Visconti-Sforza, and other decks from the early days of cartomancy. (TdM has it's own forum)
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Just received my restored Mantegna Tarocchi

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

Il Meneghello's 2017 restoration is nothing short of magnificent, simply breathtaking.

:thumbsup: I highly recommend this to anyone who loves historical decks :thumbsup:

spending a Night on Earth with Jim Jarmusch enjoying Coffee and Cigarettes
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Just received my restored Mantegna Tarocchi

Post by Charlie Brown »

I have Menghello's Soprafino, which is wonderful. I'll be interested to hear about how you work with the Mantegna. I have the modern version that pairs with the Tinker's Damn tarot and...
I believe in Crystal Light.
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

I just took a quick look through and haven't had time to really absorb the finesse of the deck, well actually I recognize the extraordinary finesse of this deck but full appreciation of the Meneghello restoration takes time and careful handling.

I make sure I handle it with clean hands as with all Meneghello decks and as such I don't "work" with it in terms of reading.

I do enjoy studying the art and how it relates to the philosophy of the period and it's place in the evolution of Tarotic art from that period and region to modern times.

The Tinker's Mantegna is a fun deck, unfortunately I can't spend the money right now.
I was looking over all the decks published by "Duck Soup" and had to make a difficult decision as to which I could indulge in, so I finally bought the Trick or Tarot, Halloween themed deck; something that is admittedly out of the norm for me but their decks are very well conceived and executed.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

Charlie Brown wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 04:14 I have Menghello's Soprafino, which is wonderful. I'll be interested to hear about how you work with the Mantegna. I have the modern version that pairs with the Tinker's Damn tarot and...
I love the Soprafino by Il Meneghello! It’s a beautiful deck!

Very nice to see the lovely restoration you have posted @uscss.nostromo. Where did you purchase?
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

This Mantegna is beautiful. I wonder how it compares to the LoS silver-foiled edition. Might be apples and oranges though.
Start strong
End stronger
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

BreathingSince72 wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 03:57
Charlie Brown wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 04:14 I have Menghello's Soprafino, which is wonderful. I'll be interested to hear about how you work with the Mantegna. I have the modern version that pairs with the Tinker's Damn tarot and...
I love the Soprafino by Il Meneghello! It’s a beautiful deck!

Very nice to see the lovely restoration you have posted @uscss.nostromo. Where did you purchase?
the restored Mantegna can be purchased directly from Il Meneghello:

https://www.collectarot.com/TAROCCHI-DE ... -hr-ms.htm

Return to “The Historical Decks”